Fashion Trend - CHANEL Silver and Pink 2012 Runway Nails

18.7.12

Today I tried to recreate a very particular Chanel nail art, seen at their Haute Couture Fall 2012 Runway Show
The idea is to give the classic French manicure a touch of new by using two contrasting shades on one nail!

HOW TO CREATE
First, start with one coat of a shiny silver nail polish. Try to get the silver polish as close to your cuticles and the sides of your nails as possible for a better result! 
Next, paint a thin layer of bubble gum pink over the silver, leaving a spaced outline all the way around your cuticles and sides of your nails. And you are done!



I personally find it a cool design, even if it's a bit tricky to do (not so easy to get the perfect rectangular pink shape!!).
Like it or not, for sure we have a new design to experiment with on our nails!

Silver Nail Polish | China Glaze Millenium
Bubble Gum Pink | ELF Gum Pink


You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. looks awesome! such a good idea - i love the pink and silver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh!!! I did not know how to do this, and is easy.
    I like your blog, i hope you visit my blog.
    http://lforlilyblog.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fun! definitely easy to do ;)
    thank you, sweety for following me, i have also subscribed to your blog and bloglovin ;)

    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh la la ;) nail inspiration. Love the silver mixed with that pink!

    xo
    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaa che bella:) proverò di sicuro a farla:) Passa nel mio blog se ti va:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea!!! I wanna try it!!
    kisses
    Pau

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know Chanel did that, I am glad you posted it so I am not out of the loop

    ReplyDelete
  8. very lovely and inspiring, I am following u already for looong time (around middle of your list).have a great weekend
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! I do really appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  9. I love always chanel nail polish shades but I don't like this manicure... it's attractive for fashion show but I wouldn't make never

    Pretty To Be Happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute :) It looks very retro-space age although not really my style.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice :) ive seen this on tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic nails, love the metallic rim paired with bright pink in the middle!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    I am getting ready for my homecoming dance. Should i wear silver or pink nail polish?
    I dont know what color would be best with my dress which is a mint green with a silver sash at the waist. I am Also wearing silver shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely goes with the silver nailpolish that matches all the rest ;)

      Delete
  14. ciao! anche io ho provato a fare questa manicura due settimane fa! ancora non ho pubblicato le foto perchè non mi entusiasmano molto,le metterò a breve ;)
    kiss
    sweetymakeupcandy.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. DEFINATELY going to try! Just joined, really good blog...:p
    looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear :) Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog and Yes, I would be very happy, if we follow each other :)) I follow you right now and I must say that your blog is absolutely amazing. Love it soo much :)

    ReplyDelete

RECEIVE BLOG UPDATE RIGHT IN YOUR INBOX!

ADD ME ON Facebook