How to dress for the OFFICE

23.11.12

When you know you look your best and feel good about yourself, you’re more likely to project an air of confidence – something that’s especially important for progression in the workplace!
Of course, getting the dress code right for the office isn’t always easy, and these days an increasing number of companies are introducing a smart-casual policy that blurs the line even further.
The key is finding the right balance between personal style and dressing in a way that’s work appropriate!

What you need is setting up a great capsule wardrobe full of "easy to wear" basics!
That way, you can get dressed quickly and easily in the morning and then add a personal touch with your favourite accessories to complete the look!
My key basics pieces to suggest you are a pair of black trousers, comfy shoes and a peplum dress!
A well-cut pair of classic black trousers is an essential basis for numerous great outfits for work. 
They are neutral, so you can pair them with any shirt, blouse or jumper you choose, and they are far more appropriate for the office than a pair of jeans. Black trousers come in all shapes and styles, so pick out a pair that you love, whether it be super skinny or ultra-wide-leg!

You’ll get loads of use out of good-quality, office-appropriate footwear. 
Comfy Ted Baker shoes are perfect for work: stylish and slightly quirky without being over the top. 
Stick to your own individual style as much as possible and make sure that you select a pair that you love, as well as paying attention to the dress code in your office. 
A good tip here is to err on the side of caution, so if your office follows a smart casual rule, opt for something fairly restrained. A good pair of shoes sets the tone of an outfit, so you’ll look like you’ve made an effort even if the rest of your outfit is relaxed and low key.

Bang on trend for autumn, the peplum dress is a great choice for work wear. 
Take a style tip from Cheryl Cole, who was snapped out on the town in a double peplum dress in September. 
A peplum adds an extra layer of fabric to smooth over the potential problem areas of hips and stomach. 
It’s a good way of giving a nod to this season’s latest trend, while still looking smart and pulled together at the office!

What do you think of my office key pieces to wear at work? Do you have any others??
Hope these tips can be helpful for some of you ;)
To see all my "HOW TO" posts check out HERE!

You Might Also Like

37 comments

  1. Approvo i primi due ma il terzo forse è un pochino esagerato per l'ufficio! Ottimi consigli comunque! Baci
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing outfits honey! I love the first one :)
    x

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous inspirations!

    www.walkonthestylesite.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really excellent tips, takes the mundane out of office dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuff. No see through shirts and frayed jeans at the office though! (I know you didn't mean those specific details though. hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consigli perfetti tesoro!!:)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great advice. I would also add a simple dress in a neutral colour that you can throw a jacket over for the office and then add some sparkly jewellery and heels to go out after work.

    NLxx
    www.my-changing-room.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dressing in the office is really challenging. Nice tips you got there! :)
    I'm having those dilemmas too :p

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://lookbook.nu/chenmeicai
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2957855
    http://www.nuffnangx.com/user/hJK222B

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post dear!!
    love your consel
    love the shoes
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the peplum skirt! It's great to wear Peplum to work actually. Very trendy.
    Thank you for following me at my blog. I'm following you now at GFC. See you soon at my blog again.

    www.diva-in-me.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips hun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quei tronchetti sono bellissimi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this peplum skirt *_____*

    Btw, I'd love to hear your opinion about my newest look, dear <3
    http://thefanglejungle.blogspot.com/2012/11/gods-monsters.html

    Love, B :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Le scarpe sono favolose!!!
    xoxo
    G

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome blog! ♥
    Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! Thanks for following, I follow u back now!! :)

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
    xx Viola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Il primo per me è il piu bello! bacio!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally love the shoes in the second pic!!

    letyourselfbeinspiredby.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! bellissime foto!!

    ti seguo cara! ricambia se ti va!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post and great advises!
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tesoro questo post è meraviglioso!come il tuo blog del resto;)!!
    CHIC STREET CHOC
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  22. voglio quella gonna rosa! è meravigliosa!
    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG I LOOOOOVE your blog! The 'How-tos" are fabulous and I you have such phenomenal taste! I'm so happy I stumbled onto your blog and excited to be your newest follower via gfc and bloglovin so I can stay up to date! I would love it if you stop by my blog, check it out, and follow along if you like what you see darling :) Thank you for the inspiration!!! :)
    xoxo Darby
    Obviously Obsessed 

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your post, Do you want to follow each other?
    If so, follow me and I will follow you back for sure!
    kiss
    http://mydiarynery.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love shoes most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! We follow each other ob chicisimo. But what do you think about following on GFC, G+, Facebook or Bloglovin? Than we can see the whole post or more inspirations and not only the look. let me know if you like the idea! xx Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  27. I primi due possono andare bene ma forse il terzo
    è un po esagerato come look da ufficio (: Reb, xoxo.

    *Nuovo post sul mio blog dedicato al mio
    nuovo hairstyle (; Fammi sapere cosa ne pensi:
    http://www.toprebel.com/2012/11/my-new-hairstyle.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Le scarpe sono bellissime!

    Boo di insanebazar.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Il primo e il secondo, perfetti :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. great post :)
    Kisses, I follow you

    http://passosdemoda.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this post and your blog is amazing follow you now please follow me back if you want on perlitalizardo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes! I love your Office Outfit! Very Good, Thanks!Francesca Ugolini

    cocoelistrione.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  33. Love those shoes :D
    Great post!
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

RECEIVE BLOG UPDATE RIGHT IN YOUR INBOX!

ADD ME ON Facebook