How to make Morticia Addams Halloween Costume: Dress + Makeup

11.11.13


http://thesparklingcinnamon.blogspot.it/2013/11/how-to-make-morticia-addams-halloween.html
Morticia is the famous fascinating dark lady of the Addams Family. 
Her look is sexy, seductive, gothic and predominantly black.
I had always wanted to be her and finally this Halloween I managed to be her for a night!  
Morticia costume is impressive yet super easy  to make because, since it's almost all black, you don't need to buy anything (I'm sure you have some black clothes in your wardrobe!)
Let's see how to create it!

THE OUTFIT:
Morticia’s dress is black and  tight to underline her body figure: to recreate her look you will need a black long sleeves shirt and a black maxi skirt, both a bit tigh!
I used a black velvet v-neck bodysuit to make the upper body a bit more sexy and seductive! ;)
She also wears lace gloves: I didn’t use them but a great idea to make them is cutting a pair of black socks!
The costume is really adjustable..just use what you have!

ACCESSORIES:
 
Morticia has the strange habit of cutting roses' bud and keeps their rods so be sure to keep a red rose  and a pair of scissors with you to get the idea of cutting them! 

MAKEUP LOOK:
Morticia has a perfect pale complexion so be sure to conceal any redness or imperfection on your face. To even out the skin I applied a very pale foundation colour and fix it with a lot of white face powder!  Blend the pale white colour downwards the neck to create the illusion that Morticia's whole body is a ghostly shade of white! Don’t forget to contur and highlight the face to create a more expressive look.
For the eyes look  I went for a very dark smoky eye and I applied false eyelashes just at the end of my eyes!
A blood-red lipstick and nailpolish finishes off Morticia's makeup look!


THE HAIR:
If you don’t have long black hair..you need to get them because it’s essential for Morticia look! My hair is not naturally black so I went to the hairdresser that used a black hairspray to recreate the dark color in my hair. I'm sure the hairspray is super easy to find in any drugstore during Halloween season but if you don't want to damage your hair a black wig will do the trick!

AND YOU ARE READY TO BE MORTICIA!!!! 
Let me know if you like my DIY Morticia Addams Halloween Costume and if you will recreate it at a party or next Halloween!!! ;)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

RECEIVE BLOG UPDATE RIGHT IN YOUR INBOX!

ADD ME ON Facebook